Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Since Rob and I have been married we have had a few different callings. the near thing is every calling we have had has been a joint calling where both of us get to serve together in the same calling. We have been Sunday school teachers - primary teachers- pfr's and now our newest calling is cooridinators of the coed youth sports program in our stake. I have never had a stake calling before. At first I was super worried. I had no idea what was expected of us our what our responsibilities were- but after a couple of meetings a few emails and being set apart I feel much better about this new calling! We get to interact with the youth of our stake and plan and attend coed youth sports activities. If you know me very well you know I know nothing of sports nor am I very sporty- but with Rob by my side I think I will learn alot and have a lot of fun on this new adventure of ours.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Ryder is 8 months old! I can hardly believe it! He is getting so big so fast! He is the cutest smiley baby ever! We have been so blessed to have such a happy easy going baby! He spends his days giggling at everything he sees. He loves when Gwen comes to our house to play! He kicks and laughs and gets so happy every day that she comes. His Daddy is his favorite person. "Dad" was of course his first word. He occasionally says "mom" just to make me smile!
- He sleeps great at nights. I just wrap him up and put him in his crib around 7:30pm and he sleeps til 7:30 Am. Nap times used to be as easy but lately he fights nap time but still takes 2-3 naps a day.
- Ryder loves to sit up but hasn't figured out how to get down so he just flops down and hits his head most of the time, it makes me super nervous so I have to watch him like a hawk so he doesn't get hurt.
- Ryder loves his exersaucer he loves playing with all the toys and spinning around and around
- He loves bath time. He gets sad when its time to get out.
- He loves going on walks, he sits in the stroller and takes everything in stride
- his favorite toys are his football and his keys