Friday, October 11, 2013

Apointments

I may be a little on the crazy side, but I have always loved the dentist. Growing up I looked forward to that apt every six months when I had the oppurtunity to visit the dentist! I love getting a new tooth brush and travel toothpaste. I love the feeling in my mouth after a teeth cleaning. I just love the whole experience. Well, Once I got married, we did not have dental insurance, so I did not go to the dentist ..... for years!! And it made me so sad. But Dental visits are expensive!!


Rob's Current Job has amazing benefits. I was able to go to the dentist. I was so excited! Ryder was able to come to, and go to the dentist for the first time! We both had a great time! Although, I do have 6 cavaties, but I havent been to the dentist in 4 1/2 years and have had 2 pregnancies (I hear pregnancies can be hard on your teeth and gums) Anyway including the deductible plus 6 cavaties after insurance its just under $80 bucks, thats way better than no insurance which would make it hundreds!!

Well Dental appointments aren't the only apt a lack of insurance has caused me to put off. I have also needed to go to the eye dr. My eye sight has gotten continually worse the last couple of years, or 4 or 5?

Anyway I went to the eye dr, got new contacts, (a year supply) had a full eye exam, and only paid $40 for all of it!! And now I can see! I love insurance! I had to switch eye dr's because Dr. Crofts office doesn't take my insurance. The good news is I now go to an eye dr that is less than ten minutes from my house. so it's a win win!


Rob, Ryder, and I were all able to get flu shots for free due to our new insurance also. This month has been full of appointments!

Rob's job has some great benefits and perks. The hours are quite the adjustment. And the wage is about 1/4 of what we were making when he was a mechanic and we weren't making a ton then. I am becoming an expert at trying to be frugal, though! If you have any ideas on how to be frugal or how to make money feel free to share your knowledge! if only he had better hours, better pay, plus the current perks..... ha ha !! I guess you can't win them all! I will still continue to do hair and try to get more clients, and Rob is continuing to do mechanic work on the side to help us make money.

I am loving being a mom to my two cute boys! I have so much fun with them daily! They have such differing personalities, but both so fun!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Claudia! I love being frugal too! I follow the Krazycouponlady.com and freebies2deals.com! Krazy coupon lady is all about coupons, and freebies 2 deals post awesome deals they find online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, ur boys are very cute! congrats on such a cute fam! and, in response to making more money, our company, primerica, starts people part time, you can make extra money by helping EDUCATE people about what they need most: money and security. primerica offers everyone an opportunity to own their own multi-million dollar business, and continue working at their regular job while building that business. i know i've asked you before, but it's been like 7 months since, and we've truly seen the company for what it is. i would hate myself if i didn't share this with people after seeing what we have seen. if you guys want to find out more, 1173 S 250 W #105, St George, UT 84770 is the office address, wed and friday nights. i got a phone number too. here's a link to their website, which talks about who we are http://www.primerica.com/public/our-story.html

    also, this is a blog post after we went to the big convention, just if you want to read. it's honestly the best opportunity in the world, and i just wanted to share because tony and i would have been living paycheck to paycheck for the rest of our lives, with immense stress and fear if someone hadn't shared it with us:

    http://alslovestony.blogspot.com/2013/08/build-it-live-it-our-experience-at-our.html

    ReplyDelete