Sunday, February 26, 2017

8 week Challenge Completion

8 weeks ago I started Kristy Jo Hunt's Body buddies 8 week challenge

I was at the the largest weight I had ever been, I was very discouraged and needed something to motivate me to change!
I felt like I was worth the investment and decided to take the plunge, and commit.

here are my stats in 8 weeks
chest : down 1.5 inches
waist: down 3 inches
hips: down 1/2 inch
Inner thigh: down 3/4 of an inch
Lower quad: down 2.25 inches
Calves: down 1/2 an inch
Biceps: down 3/4 of an inch
Shoulders: down 4.5 inches
Weight : Down 17.2 pounds

I have taken photos each week throughout this challenge. I feel that there isn't much physical change apparent. That discourages me quite a bit, but the weight is coming down, and I am losing inches. So I will continue with my efforts and hope for the best!

This challenge has been way more than just a physical change! I feel I have grown, mentally and spiritually through out the past 8 weeks.
I am more aware of what I eat and when and why.
I don't beat myself up over set backs
I get excited about trying and creating new powerfood combinations!
I now realize food is not the enemy. I really enjoy delicious meals, and indulge occasionally with my favorite foods. I just accompany my favorite foods with a protein and a veggie, and watch my portion sizes and stop when I am full.

Powerfoods lifestyle and PCOS

I feel like this way of eating, especially cutting out dairy and gluten have immensely improved my health!
I know have regular menstrual cycles. (Because of PCOS I have rarely had periods unless induced my medication.
My acne has completely cleared up! (amazing what cutting out dairy can do!)
I don't get an upset stomach as often! (I used to get queasy all the time, and just feel bloated, even when I was eating "healthy")
I have more energy!
My moods have improved. I am not nearly as sad and gloomy as I was before I cut gluten and dairy and started eating strategically with the powerfoods lifestyle!

I am so glad I took the leap and completed this challenge. My family has become more aware of the power of eating well!
I will continue to follow the principles of the powerfoods lifestyle even though the challenge is over, because I recognize and appreciate all the benefits that come with this lifestyle!

I couldn't have done as well without the coaching help I received from Kristy Hunt! She puts so much effort into helping her clients and friends! She got up and went to the gym one morning at 430 to record a video of herself doing upper body super sets because she knew it would help me! that act alone made me way more motivated to really give my exercise routines my best effort! She believed in me, that helped me believe in myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment