Friday, March 5, 2010

Silly Dilemma

So, those of you that know me well know that i am scared to death of dogs. I am not a pet person, and most animals frighten the daylights out of me. We moved to a new neighborhood last week with very friendly neighbors. Well today one of these friendly neighbors came to ask if I could watch her dog while she goes out of town next week. I didn't know what to say? Dogs and pets in general scare me, but I am a nice person and could never think of saying no to a kind neighbor. So I swallowed hard pasted a smile on my face and said, "Of course, I'd love to." So for four days I will be taking care of a neighbors dog-just going over there and feeding him, and letting him outside, giving him treats, etc etc.
I just don't know what to do in situations like these! No is a hard word for me to say. I do not like to disappoint people. I am such a people pleaser! Sometimes I wish I could just say no. But, on the other hand, even if I did say no I think I would feel incredibly guilty? (I am not only a people pleaser, but a very easily guilt-ed person also.) Heck, maybe its good for me to get over my silly fears buck up and not be so scared of everything? I don't think the dog will hurt me, I am sure my husband will help me take care of this neighbors dog.... maybe i just worry too much? But, seriously what's a nice girl to do when someone asks her to do a simple task she just doesn't want to do?

2 comments:

  1. well I know just what to get you for your birthday! A cute little poodle with a bow around her neck! I thought you had a husband? They are kind of like pets! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need some "Hopie lessons". Your life will be easier!!!!

    ReplyDelete